SAP XM & SAP Ariba
Extending the Ariba Network into marketing and advertising and allowing companies to handle their advertising procurement more transparent, efficient and end-to-end.
Multiple areas of Needs/challenges for advertising procurement
While buyers and suppliers of all manner of products and services throughout the world collaborate on transactions through a sophisticated procurement process, advertising procurement methods are still evolving for a business that is transitioning from being creative-driven to return-on-investment-focused.
Advertising procurement is currently suffering from a lack of transparency
Limited transparency creates a need for end-to-end visibility in media procurement, including actual pricing and discounts for advertising spend.
While advertising procurement becomes more important within the company, its complexity also increases
This process complexity needs to be decreased by reducing the high amount of manual activities within media procurement even if it’s outsourced to agencies.
Advertising procurement requires compliance and control regarding invoice verification - also for agency contracts
There is a call for practical end-to-end auditing of procurement process as well as the need for an allocation of advertising spend and ROI (return on investment) to final campaign performance.
SAP XM provides the extension of the Ariba Network into marketing & advertising
This allows companies to handle their advertising end-to-end - beyond all stages within procurement.
INDIRECT - (source and non source)
DIRECT MATERIAL - LOGISTIC
TRAVEL & EXPENSES
CONTINGENT LABOR & SERVICES
MARKETING & ADVERTISING
SAP XM is addressing the challenges with an integrated solution
The lack of transparency as well as process complexity and the need for control are the motivation of SAP XM to drive change within advertising procurement.
- Out-tasking instead of outsourcing
- Systematically enforcing visibility and compliance on granular level
Reducing process complexity:
- Enabling procurement and sourcing activities with an end-to-end automated solution
- Integrating media management in corporate IT landscape
Facilitate compliance and control:
- Allocating performance results to invoices for optimized verification criteria within the payment approval process
Key benefits of the integration for advertisers and agencies
Benefits for the advertiser
- Automated workflows that promote efficiency, while creating uniformity among brands and throughout organizations
- Simplification through easy-to-use and secure Cloud Application that allows for key team involvement
- Transparency and Control through an open, intelligent and connected media buying process
- Drives innovation and transformation; enables the CMO (chief marketing officer) to work within accepted C-Suite decision-making process.
Benefits for the agency
- Enables the agency to act as a fully transparent, trusted partner, while fulfilling a major advertising requirement
- Provides a process for consistency and standardization across multiple agencies in multiple regions
- Allows an agency to focus on consulting and cross-channel media planning for improved campaign efficiency and results
- Helps agency to act more efficiently through automated, easy workflow processes and enables the establishment of stronger relationships with both clients and vendors
Media Buy & Services from an agency using SAP Ariba guided buying
Media and services are requested from the agency. They act as supplier and provide full and transparent campaigns as a service via the RFQ (request for quote) process. SAP XM is optimally used by the agency, in terms of procurement transparency.
Media Buy directly from publisher using SAP Ariba guided buying
Media is directly requested from the publisher. He acts as supplier and provides a quote with all necessary details to be directly used in the system. SAP XM is partly used by the advertiser and the RFQ (request for proposal) data is passed over to be used in campaigns.
Join the ecosystem & innovate with us
We believe that transforming the digital advertising industry requires partnerships. We invite you to become a co-innovation partner with us. Together, we’ll embark on an exciting journey to transform today’s media business and increase every investment aspect of your return on media.CONTACT